- Screen technology: LED
- Screen size: 65 ″
- Screen Resolution: UHD 4K
- HDR: Yes
- Internet and Wifi: Yes
- USB ports: 2
- HDMI ports: 3
Here is a great example of a smart TV that encompasses all the efficiency and quality of Samsung technologies. The RU7170 Series of 2019 has certainly been very successful, but today we want to focus only on the UE65RU7170UXZT model. The latter managed to satisfy most of the needs of the users who bought it, especially with regard to image quality.
In fact, the contents are optimized in real time by the UHD processor , which improves the levels of contrast, sharpness and color. In addition, its function is also to manage HDR, which in itself ensures an excellent view of even the smallest details. Samsung, however, has added two other technologies, which bring added value to every single frame:
- PurColor : expands the chromatic range making colors and shades much more vivid, brilliant and realistic;
- UHD Dimming : Enhances contrast levels by increasing the depth of blacks and the brightness of whites.
Basically, every single scene transmitted on the screen enjoys maximum sharpness, since each object is characterized by extremely defined outlines. In addition, thanks to the numerous settings available, you have the possibility to calibrate the parameters of the images to your liking , and according to the conditions of the room.
As for the audio, we agree with users who recommend connecting an external sound amplifier via the Bluetooth connection . In fact, 20 watts of power for a 65-inch is a bit low, despite the sound system behind it being Dolby Digital Plus. If you want advice, take a look at these soundbars , we have reviewed them especially for you.
Also with regard to the Smart section, we believe that Samsung could have offered something more for a 65-inch television born in 2019. The advantages, however, are not few, and indeed, they are significant for your entertainment experience:
- Practical hub and a single remote control to manage all the devices connected to the TV;
- Universal Guide that simplifies the search for content to watch thanks to the search function related to your favorite programs;
- Compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Speaking of limitations instead , here’s what Samsung has been lacking about:
- Lack of Bixby voice assistant;
- Absence of the AirPlay 2 function for owners of Apple devices;
- Difficulty / inability to connect the keyboard via Bluetooth connection;
- Absence of the Samsung Cloud function to transfer multimedia contents from the smartphone to the smart TV;
- Lack of integration of the SmartThings app to manage all smart home devices.
In short, this Samsung television turns out to be excellent in terms of image quality, but slightly deficient in everything related to the smart section.
If you are interested in buying a 65-inch Samsung smart TV, we recommend that you also take a look at these reviews: